I got pretty quiet at the end of the year, huh? I think it started with working on writing Actual Books and spending time with the kids. Which progressed to feeling sick and tired and miserable again, which then progressed to just being sad and apathetic.
I also spent a lot of time being upset that I seemed to be stuck in the land of not sleeping and changing diapers while everyone else in the universe was suddenly getting new exciting jobs, or publishing books, or having some sort of life and I was just treading water and getting behind. But hey, the kids won't be little forever and this will eventually end! So I may as well enjoy it the best I can, while I can.
So hey, let's not do that in 2013, huh?
I'm going to review my 2012 goals and make some new ones for 2012!
1. Lose Weight: It went well for a while, then my new diet had me gain 10 pounds in the fall. Ooops!
2. Get in Better Shape:I gave it a shot, and tried new things to get exercise. Health and time got in the way a lot.
3. Wean the Baby: Done!
4. Keep the House Cleaner: Well, yes, but that isn't saying much. :D Things are getting slowly more organized, and the kids are learning to clean up with less help. Still, it's a total mess.
5. Streamline bed time: Yep, got better. :)
6. Write more: Absolutely! On here, and other places.
7. Volunteer: Eh, not so much. This hinged on many of the above things.
8. More Trips:For much of the year this went well. We visited family and did a lot of the things I wanted to! Still, I spent most of spring and fall and feeling miserable, and gave up on a lot of things I would have rather done.
Summary: I did get a lot done! Was it perfect? Hardly! But it's good to figure out what is important to you and focus on it and do it better than it was done before. So, considering everything, I'm happy!
Goals for 2013:
1. Follow my FODMAPs diet strictly. I've tested a gazillion things and failed almost all of them. I don't have time to feel bad, I just need to eat the same things over and over and be happy.
2. Exercise every day. It makes me feel better, and I'm too tired of being sore and weak and such. That's one reason I just need to feel decent every day.
3. Move the baby to the girls bedroom. I want my room back. :D
4. Clean a room every day. I have no idea if the house will get much cleaner, but hey, let's clean a room a day and keep going.
5. Go to bed on time. I stay up too late. That makes me sick.
6. Write my stupid book. No excuses. Write every day. Make time for it no matter what.
7. Spend more time with the kids doing what they want to do. Reading books, snuggling, working on projects. Make a minecraft mod, decorate cakes. I felt so horrible all year that I spent a lot of time just trying to get space and be alone and rest. So how about I just eat food that doesn't make me sick, get some exercise, go to bed and wake up nice and fresh and play with my kids?
8. More trips! We live in a place with so much to do. Let's go do some of it!
9. Try new things, make new stuff, figure out what I want to be when I grow up. :) I'm always happy when I learn something new or make something for friends or family to use.
Are these really just the same goals only slightly different? Yes. Yes they are. But refined a bit to focus on being happy and doing the things I want to do.